Every morning, I wake up and I meditate, and I choose an affirmation that reflects my feelings and I carry it with me throughout the day. No matter my emotion, whether I’m sad, angry, or even in a really great mood, I repeat my affirmation in my head throughout the day to give myself a boost of positivity. It is important to feed your mind with positive and hopeful thoughts, as what you’re thinking on the inside will reflect the outside. If you focus too much on negativity, you will make yourself become miserable, but if you have a positive affirmation to go back to throughout the day, you’ll be able to change those negative thoughts into positive one’s. I have created a list of some of my favorite affirmations that are great for your mood that day. Feel free to take this list, and add your own favorite affirmations to it as well! Regardless, here is a list to get you started.
We feel sadness for a number of reasons, whether is be due to loss, or if we’re feeling lonely or rejected. When I’m feeling sad, I like to fill my mind with affirmations to remember that all situations are temporary, and that I will get past my struggles and never be alone. No matter whatever it is I’m going through, I know I will get past this feeling and that happier days are ahead. I won’t let my struggles define me. Here are some affirmations that embody this:
1. All situations are temporary
2. I’ve survived all of the most difficult moments in my life.
3. My strength is greater than any struggle.
4. There are no blocks I can’t overcome.
5. I am loved.
Often times, when we feel hurt or betrayed, it’s because we put our expectations into someone and that person let us down. This can be a hard pill to swallow, but in these times, I remember that I deserve better and that I don’t need to rely on others to make me happy. I can make myself happy. Here are some affirmations that embody this:
1. I deserve love, compassion, and empathy.
2. I am enough.
3. I’m worthy of the best and I choose me.
4. Peace begins with me.
5. I deserve to be happy.
We feel frustrated and hopeless for a number of reasons. Sometimes it is others who make us feel this way, and sometimes it is ourselves. If others are making me feel this way, it is important to remember that I cannot expect others to serve me exactly how I please. If I am making myself feel this way, I remind myself that I’m not perfect and I will make mistakes. Not everything is going to go exactly how I’d like it to, and that’s perfectly alright. Here are some affirmations that embody this:
1. There is no wrong decision.
2. I’m flawed and I make mistakes and that’s OK.
3. I will continue to change and grow from a place of self-acceptance.
4. I don’t need to be perfect.
5. I am compassionate with myself and others.
When we feel ambitious, we feel really good and excited about the future. This is a great feeling that we should try to keep with us as often as possible. When I’m feeling excited and ambitious about the future, I capitalize on this feeling. I remind myself that the universe has my back no matter what happens, and remember that I am powerful and am capable of achieving my dreams. Here are some affirmations that embody this:
1. I trust the process of the universe.
2. I can achieve whatever I set my mind to.
3. Success is always knocking on my door. I must simply open up to it.
4. Everything I did today leads to a better tomorrow.
5. With spirit as my guide, anything is possible.
We feel insecure for a number of reasons; whether it be we don’t feel pretty enough, smart enough, successful enough. We all have insecurities. If I’m feeling especially insecure, I remind myself that we are all different and unique and I am perfect just as I am. I love myself for all of my flaws, and it doesn’t matter what others think. I stay happy with who I am. Here are some affirmations that embody this:
1. I love myself deeply and unconditionally.
2. I don’t need others to validate my self-worth.
3. I am completely lovable just as I am today.
4. I am enough.
5. I am proud of myself and all that I have accomplished.
Anxiety is a hard battle to face. Whether we are fearful of an event or person, or we struggle with anxiety, it is important to breathe. I always remember to focus on my breath when I feel anxious as I repeat my affirmation in my mind. I remind myself that I am strong and safe and will get past this moment. Here are some affirmations that embody this:
1. When anxiety visits me, I can breathe it all away.
2. I’m brave enough to climb any mountain.
3. I am not afraid about what can go wrong, I’m excited about what can go right.
4. I am safe.
5. Feelings are just visitors and I let them go.
Happiness is the feeling we strive to feel, especially when we use affirmations. The affirmations for when we’re feeling happy are endless- we’re simply reinforcing what we’re already feeling! When I’m in a good and happy mood, I choose affirmations to reflect how positive and happy I feel and I let myself know that this will be a good day. Here are some affirmations that embody this:
1. My dreams are happening now.
2. I live a positive life.
3. I choose happiness and abundance.
4. Today is going to be my best day.
5. I’ve realized I am fierce.
Affirmations keep me positive, even on my worst days. It’s important to fill our mind and bodies with as much positive energy as possible. I encourage you to experiment with different affirmations and see what makes you feel good inside.