As you all know, Earth Day just passed this week and in honor of our earth, I wanted to make a post about (relatively) inexpensive Amazon products that will increase sustainability. More and more inventions are being made to reduce plastic use and other waste, and it’s up to us to make the switch. Now it’s easier than ever- you can just make the purchase on Amazon and have environment-friendly products delivered right at your door.
Of course, making the change can sometimes be easier said than done. Hopefully we’ve all begun to incorporate habits like turning the lights off and recycling into our daily lives, but here are some great products we can begin to incorporate as well (non-sponsored).
1. Bamboo Toothbrush– Amazon sells a variety of sustainable toothbrushes, from bamboo to charcoal. Both are great, although I’m personally not a fan of the charcoal taste. These toothbrushes are biodegradable and only $7 for a pack of 4!
2. Compact Fluorescent Bulbs– These bulbs are energy saving and consume 75% less energy. They’re long-lasting so you don’t need to constantly switch bulbs and only $3.50 per bulb!
3. Bamboo Dish Cloths– Instead of constantly throwing out paper towels, purchase a reusable bamboo towel. Not only is it sustainable, but you’ll actually be saving money, as we all know how easy it is to blow through a roll of paper towels. They can also replace regular dish towels, wash cloths, and general purpose rags. The bamboo helps them absorb more and dry faster.
4. Reusable Water Bottle– Another small step you can take to increase sustainability and save money is to purchase a reusable water bottle. Plastic water bottles are expensive and produce so much waste. Buy a reusable water bottle that you can clean and reuse and bring with you everywhere. Plus, the insulation on the inside keeps drinks warm or hot!
5. Fresh Breath Tablets– Instead of tossing bottles of mouthwash, buy some fresh breath tablets. These tablets transform from a solid to a liquid within seconds of being in your mouth, freshening your breath even when you’re on the go!
6. Shampoo and Conditioner Bars– Instead of using plastic bottles of shampoo and conditioner, buy some eco-friendly bars! Amazon, along with a bunch of other amazing retailers, sell shampoo and conditioner bars from a variety of sellers, so do some research and find a bar that works for your hair type!
These are only a few of the thousands of products Amazon offers to make going green a little bit easier! Remember that taking care of the earth isn’t dedicated to just one day a year. We need to be proactive and start making changes that will save the planet!
Here’s more info on how to save the earth: https://welovetheearth.org
P.S. stream Lil’ Dicky’s new song to not only spread awareness, but to increase profits that will go to environmental charities: https://lildicky.lnk.to/Earth